Saturday, August 23, 2008

I didn't have anything to blog about today (which makes me worried about how things are going to go on the 31st, but I suppose I'll cross that bridge when I get to it), so I thought, "I know! I'll play Scrabble with the girls and write a Scrabble Story! (link goes to an example, along with the explanation of what exactly a Scrabble Story is. Other examples: Here and here.")
Saren and I started a game, and a story using the words, but since the game wasn't finished [one of the cats ended up displacing many of the tiles, and we were kinda stuck anyway], neither is the writing. C'est la vie!

Anyway. Here's what did get written. Scrabble words are underlined.

I was watching the Olympics on TV when there was a knock on the door. I got up and opened the front door and saw a bassinet at my feet. Inside was not a baby, but a worm. There was also a note that read, "You must bring me to the leader of the humans before next Tuesday."
I searched for further instructions, but found none.
I picked up the bassinet and brought it inside. I set it down next to my TV dinner that was thawing on the counter.
"This is not happening," I said. Then the phone rang.
"So much for my idle night," I thought. I picked up the phone and a voice I didn't recognize said, "Read the note again."
I looked at the paper again and saw something I had not noticed before. It was more of the message only visible when the light hit the page the right way. It read, "Life on earth is in danger. You must get me to the leader of the humans. Listen to the instructions on the phone."
The person on the phone spoke again, "Be at the corner of Main Street and Vegas Drive at 10:17pm. Bring the worm. Do not be late."
Before I could respond, they hung up.
I shook my head at how odd the night had become so quickly.
My cat woke up and came into the living room, shaprening her claws on the couch - at least some things were still normal.
"Sue!!" I yelled at the cat, "Get down!"
Suddenly the worm jumped out of the bassinet, and somehow pushed Sue away from the couch.
I stood in shock as Sue scampered away in fear. I watched as the worm got back in its home. And then it spoke to me. It said, "Well, are you going to take me to your leader, or what?"
And that's when I passed out.

2 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Bwhahaha!

(Er, if you expected something intelligent, you're really disappointed now, I'll bet.)

Simon said...

No! You can't leave me hanging like this!

;)