Friday, June 20, 2008

When we can't afford electricity anymore

I will miss the internet, but I will sure as hell NOT miss pop-up ads and viruses. Good god, computers piss me off sometimes.

In other news, it's officially summer now. And as I stated today when walking outside, where the air feels as though it's literally on fire, "It is stupid-hot out here."

Yesterday we went out & bought our digital conversion box. We are now able to see digital television signals, which do look much clearer than analog. Also, that means that come February,when the transition from analog to digital takes place, we'll still be able to actually watch Lost (assuming, of course, that we can afford the power bills at the time). Hooray!

4 comments:

Simon said...

I'm with you on the pop-ups and viruses palaver. Oy!

Amy said...

I seriously thought that first word was "Wherein" and I swear to God my brain almost exploded.

Also, what is the deal with those commercials that say "BY LAW!" everything will have to be digital? What does that even mean? Like, if you still have an antenna television, they're going to come to your house and arrest you? Won't you just ... not have television anymore?

P@ said...

Sorry for the pre-emptive scare, there, Jupe.

And HEE!! Hee. You're comment provided much mirth. All the commercials mean is that the television stations have to switch to digital only (um. unless they're low-powered stations, which is why we no longer pick up KTUD). Most stations across the country are, I believe, already transmitting on both signals, (I know we have been) it's just that as of 2/17/09, they legally have to go digital only.
So, yeah, the "by law" part of the ad is referring to the tv stations, not the viewers.

CosmicAvatar said...

Wouch. That's too hot. Way too hot.