Friday, June 06, 2008

j p q v x z

Some random things.

[-] I've figured out what to do about the high gas prices. Just wait until after they get up to 9.99 a gallon. After that, they'll cycle back around to 0.00. Whoo!! Free gasoline!!

[-] People will watch anything.

[-] I'm reading a very fun novel, "Soon I Will Be Invincible", about superheroes and supervillains. I'm only a few chapters in, but I could easily see this being made into a movie. And it could conceivably even be a good movie. Eh. If nothing else, it's making me even more eager to see Hancock this summer. (That and The Dark Knight are the only two movies I absolutely must see from the aught-eight summer season)

[-] How come 'superheroes' is an acceptable word [to Blogger's internal dictionary], but 'supervillains' is underlined in red? (For the record, the suggestion is just to split it into two words.

[-] Next week is Friday the 13th. It's the only one this year. Yay? I looked it up on wikipedia earlier today, and that was kinda interesting. I knew that there were more Friday the 13ths than any other day, but they break it down in a nifty chart and everything. (Also, reminder to people that they should sign up for that zombie-thing that's taking place that day.)

[-] Today is Simon's birthday. Hope he had a good one.

[-] MarioKart for the Wii is so. freaking. fun. We've had it for several weeks now, and it still hasn't lost any of it's appeal.

[-] Season 4 of Lost wound up being the best one so far. Except, dude. Where's Vincent?

[-] I keep forgetting (and then remembering, and being upset by the fact) that it's Two Thousand and EIGHT. Doesn't it feel like it should still be, I don't know, '04 or something?

[-] Speaking of. I'm going to age again in 8 days.

[-] I'm fairly confident that I've forgotten about 13 other things I was going to talk about in this blog entry. Ah well, fodder for later dates.

1 comment:

CosmicAvatar said...

I loved the Hancock trailer. Although the book on which the film is based is apparently way, way darker. I think I'm kind of glad they didn't go there.