Saturday, November 10, 2007

scooters,vacation,fall

For months before blogger introduced them, I had wanted to implement labels into my blog. After the upgrade, and they were available, I used them periodically, and even went and labeled some of the archives here and there.

Lately, though, I've fallen out of the label habit, and I think I may just abandon the practice altogether. Too many of my posts can't really be categorized, or could fall into categories that I haven't created, or...whatever.

But, just for the sake of posterity, and also so that I have a blog entry for today, I will now 'explain' my (now-defunct) blog labels.


a working class hero is something to be - From the John Lennon song, Working Class Hero. These posts were about work, or things that happened on the job.

as seen on tv - Posts about television.

church sign wisdom - posts that were devoted to that recurring segment, where I discuss the marquee of the church near our house.

everything's a game to you isn't it? - discussion of video games, board games, mind games. And yes.

grr argh - if the entry was about Buffy or Angel or Joss Whedon.

L O S T - February of 2008? That's still like 3 months away.

la la la - Music related posts.

so how is the weather? - Discussing the weather is the lowest common denominator when it comes to small talk. It is the most boring topic that there possibly is. It figures that I would have a label devoted to it on my blog.

strive for mediocrity - from the Boingo song, Insanity. These posts were the 'boring ones'. Many times I considered going through my blog and marking every post with this label...

There is no you there is only meme - Posts that were internet 'memes', or quizzes got this label, which is a play on the line, "There is no you, there is only me" from the Nine Inch Nails song, Only

tube of yous - anything Youtube related

Who needs sleep? - Taken from the Barenaked Ladies song of the same name. Posts that were about sleep. Or the lack thereof, more commonly.

Who's still workin' on his masterpiece? - a line from the David Byrne song, The Great Intoxication. These were posts about writing. More specificially, my writing(s).

xmas - What is it with this meme? It just won't go away, ya know?

yer a wizard - Harry Potter related posts.

you're older than you've ever been - "and now you're even older." Taken from the They Might Be Giants song, Older, this was the label for birthday posts.

zombies - just the one time when I blogged like it was the end of the world, but, who knows if the dead will rise again...

No comments: