Monday, November 05, 2007

Memeblazers

How the heck do memes get started, anyway? I mean, someone has to be the first to break the ground.

That being said, I'm going to have a gimmick (that could possibly spread, if others participate) for the month of November (Since, as you've probably figured, I am doing the whole NaNoBloPoMoWriThing).
BeatlesWednesday.

On each Wednesday of this month, my post(s) will have some sort of reference to The Beatles. <-the link to the wikipedia page is amusing me greatly. As if there is *anyone* out there reading my blog that has no idea who The Beatles were.>

It might just be a song lyric or title, or it could be a reference to something they did or said. Or it might actually be about The Beatles in some way. But it doesn't have to be. All that matters is that they get some sort of plug, one way or another on Wednesday.

Anyone who wants to can join in, since, you know, the Beatles are pretty universal (or, put another way, The Beatles are known Across the Universe.), and doing this pretty much helps out with 4 of the 30 posts for NaBloPoJackAMo.

Plus, it would be kinda neat if it became a meme, and I was the one who started it. :)

So, Why BeatlesWednesday?
Well, because I was listening to "1" in the CD Player today, and I was all, "Dude. Having a day dedicated to blogging using Beatles song titles would be a neat gimmick."
I picked Wednesday because we haven't had a Wednesday in November yet. And today is Monday, so it gives people time to prepare for it if they want to join in.
Plus, it has a good ring to it. (Or Ringo to it, if you prefer.)

So, November 7th will be the first (of many?) BeatlesWednesday.
Let it be.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Pat, you spelled beetles wrong.