Wednesday, September 01, 2004

why?

why do i bother why do i write why do i try why isn't even the right question, because even if i know the answer, the real concern is what to do about it. What to do what to do? I don't have a freaking clue. Heh. I'm rhyming, and I'm saying "Heh", so i must be in a slighlty better mood than i was when i first started this entry, no? it's all running together because the return key doesn't work wait, let me try...

Of course. I fixed it.

Why can you get arrested for simply being somewhere? Just being on the sidewalk is cause to put you in jail? Whatever. Whatthefuckever. I'm so sick of it. How can anyone see the events of our culture and think it's okay? Think it's sane or normal or logical or good? How???

"One thing I learned about America is that if you work hard and play by the rules, this country is truly open to you. You can achieve anything." ~Arnold Schwazenegger

That was the only bitof the RNC I've watched.

God, i was going to go bashing it, but why? Why bother? It doesn't freaking matter waht I type or what you type or what anyone says or types. I'm so tired of swimming against the mother fucking current of this culture. It's SO FUCKING PREVELANT. It's everywhere. "Did you're oldest start school yesterday?" I was asked at work. No. We're homeschooling. "Oh, that's great." she replied with an obvious fucking forced smile on her face.
Fuck you. SJesus christ, why must everyone be the goddamn same? Why must i be bombarded with "This is the best computer for sending your kid back to school" "This is the best person to "lead" the country" "This is the best weapon to kill people so that you can drive your car"
Fuck it all.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck the word 'progress' means? What is progress? Is progress more cancer? Here's a bumper sticker for you: Some day, we will all have cancer. It's funny, cuz it's true. Har har har.

Is progress feeding more people? Making sure that we have enough food to feed the billions of people on this planet? What about water? Nobody thinks about water - well, they do, but it's not gotten much press. I remember seeing a special years ago (it was an Earth day special, back in the 80s...Bette Midler was portraying Mother Earth ...it was a huge ta-doo, I'm sure someone else out there saw it) anyway, the only thing i remmeber was someoen holding up a gallon jug filled with water and saying, "If this gallon of water represents all the water on the planet, and we pour out all the salt water, and all the water that is polluted to the point where it can not be consumed," and while saying that, they were emptying the bottle, "what we would be left with is one drop."
I have no idea how accurate that was (it seems to me that it couldn't have been very. I mean, really, one drop from a gallon?? And even though the earth is big, and has a LOT of water on it...that just cant' be) but the point remains that without clean water, you die. So, you know, putting chemicals into the water seems a rather dumb idea. "Don't shit where you eat" seems pretty common sense to me. But what the fuck do I know? Honestly - what do I know?

I'm

I don't know how to wrap this up, i don't even know if i WANT to wrap it up, ubt I'm feeling rather drained, this was sorta cathargic, and i've lost my train of thought, so I guess maybe i'll just hit publish post.

4 comments:

Simon said...

The point is that we will reach a place where the only way to go is back and try to undo what we've done.

Meghan said...

The one quote from The Matrix that seems to go through my head on a weekly (if not daily) basis is from Agent Smith. Unfortunately, it's so chillingly true.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species. I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area, and you multiply, and multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet, you are a plague...

P@ said...

I disagree with Agent Smith.

There is nothing inherently wrong with humans. Humanity is not flawed, not a virus, not a plague.

Civilization, on the other hand...

Meghan said...

Not flawed, in the sense he's talking about, but often oblivious of our destruction. I look around and see what we've done and continue to do to the planet... and I can't help but hear that quote and get a lump in my throat.

And I'm the optomist in my marriage ;)