Monday, August 30, 2004

Remind me to remember more.

Or maybe not. Perhaps my brain knows what's best, and the whole forgetting is what I should embrace. All too often, we don't listen.

What the hell....

Oh, guess what! A few days ago, when I made the suggestion that blogger's emailed comments would be better if they told you what post they came from - WELL NOW THEY DO!

Awesome!

We finally went to the library, and I checked out:


  • Stephen King's It, which is a re-read for me (Steph recently re-read The Stand, and it got me all reKingivized)
  • The Alien Years by Robert Silverberg. Aliens invade the earth, and without communicating to us at all, knock us down a few pegs. Could be really great, or could be crap. I'll keep you informed.
  • Let It Be...Naked by the Beatles. Can't go wrong with Lennon, McCartney, Harrison and Starr. =)
  • David Bowie's Reality. I've not heard the new stuff from Mr. Bowie, but I'm hoping it's good.
  • Whale Rider, because it's a movie I wanted to see.


Then we went to Dairy Queen. Mmmm. Ice cream.

The other day, I 'fixed' the television, so even without the rabbit ears, we can actually see most of the channels again. "Man's ability to use tools!!!"

Work again tomorrow. [sigh] But at least it's payday. [sigh]....I mean Yay! (and sigh)

Bettie- the 23rd and 24th votes were from Vegas. [wink]

I guess that's it. I feel like there's something vitally important to be blogging about, but I can't quite put my fingers on it. Hmm.

3 comments:

Annika said...

If your library has them, I think you would really enjoy the Wild Cards series, edited by George RR Martin.

Many thanks to Vegas for the votes.

I totally want DQ.

Simon said...

Ice cream is the best!

Jess said...

Let it Be...Naked is so good that I listened to it all day at work for several weeks, came home, and still wanted to listen to it.