Tuesday, August 10, 2004

So...

...I guess this internet thing is still around, huh?

It's been so long since I've done this. But, I'm finding, it's almost like riding a bike. (Ya hear that, Jupe?)

So, yeah. After my last blog entry, I took a three week hiatus from the world wide web completely. Didn't check my mail, didn't log on, didn't even say the word "internet". (Well, that last one may not be completely true)

And you know what's weird? I didn't miss it!!

Well, no, I did, at first. The first two or three days were horrible. But sometime shortly after that, it simply became habit to NOT log on. To NOT depend on reading emails, or seeing the AOL Welcome screen tell me about the Administration That Cried Wolf raising the "Terror Alert Levels" once again.

But, like the luring siren's song, eventually the Internet called me back to sink amongst the drudge of electronic information. Also, I needed to write the newest Ape10. Also also, I did miss my Internet Weirdo friends.
I think if I could somehow stay in contact with my IW buddies without the net, I most certainly would. We'll have to work on that.

So, yeah, I'm back online. I've even, as mentioned, written a new Ape10 episode (entitled Plug In. It's long, but I think that it's worth the wait of the "summer hiatus" that I took). In addition, I've moved Ape10's home! No, he still resides in the park in Azwood, but from here on out, all new episodes (and the old ones) will be found at Ape10. Comments (on all episodes, even ones you've "seen" before) are quite welcome.

I'd update you all on the events of the past month, but remarkably, it's been rather unremarkable. (Except for the $300 power bill.) Once I get back into the swing of blogging, I'm sure I'll have more to share. Until then, as always, thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hey you. I was starting to wonder what happened to you and Steph until I saw her recent post. Darn - a new blog for me to stalk? I'm running out of tab space here.

Simon said...

Yeah, the Internet is apparently still around. I don't believe it, myself.

Meghan said...

Oh man... I am so not looking forward to getting our energy bill for August/Sept. It's gonna be ugly.

Good to see you back.

Now, gives us another music video.