Tuesday, August 24, 2004

11:11

Bah. I have nothing to speak of.

'Tis another Monday. Which means 5 more days of FUN FUN FUN!!!

Anyone know what the going rate for murder is these days? Five years? Ten? Ehh.

What was I going to say?

We wound up not going to the library yesterday, so I have nothing to read. I wish I were more imaginative, then I would write my own stories. I used to. Back in the day. Ah, youth.

I suppose if we're going to watch the new television season, we should get some rabbit ears. But, honestly, it just doesn't feel that important. I might feel differently when people start talking about Alias and Lost (which I was kinda looking forward to) and whatever else is on that isn't reality TV.
And now, for some weird reason, I can't get my blog to go any further. I guess this line will be cut off.

6 comments:

Simon said...

Why would new television show watching necessitate rabbit ears? I am thoroughly confuserised.

P@ said...

Oops. I forgot not everyone reading my blog, you know, lives with me.

Our cable got disconnected about two weeks back, and we aren't getting it reconnected. It's nothing but broadcast channels for us now - and they don't come in very clearly without help. Thus the need for Rabbit Ears.

Amy said...

Well, it really depends on a variety of factors, like, how many people you kill, whether or not the prosecution can prove intent. I mean, insanity is only used as a defense in 1% of cases, but I think we can make it work here!

I am sorry that you have nothing to read. I've sometimes thought about lending out books I have via mail, but that's frought with problems. Such as me losing my books!!

Jess said...

I thought you meant rabbit ears as in on a headband that you wear. Or something like that. Or maybe real severed rabbit ears: the big thing this season.

As for your reading crisis, try here.

Anonymous said...

So now I'm wondering if Simon & Jess didn't know from rabbit ears b/c they're Brits or b/c they're too young to remember? Another mystery...What was I going to say?

Oh right--Yay! for ditching cable! I'm firmly convinced not having cable is directly related to my maintaining sanity (or some sanity, at least). Even if I do miss out on several cool HBO shows.

-nkl

P@ said...

Ooh! That link is pretty darn cool, Jess. Thank you.

And, Kirk, I think ditching TV period has been beneficial. Since having only broadcast, we've reduced our telelvision watching tremendously. (Of course, we still have VHS and DVDs to watch, and I still have 8 hours of TV at work each day, but it's a start.)