Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Same old story

Earlier today (on the bus ride home) I had at least 8 different (but similar - each one seemed to build off the next) ideas for a story.
That's the good news - I'm feeling creative again (or was at the time).

The bad news - I'm still blocking when it comes to actually writing any of it. You know, just like always. So bored of it!

Part of the blockage comes from not being able to choose which story-line to take. I like them all!
Mostly, though, the only thing standing in my way is myself. I should jsut take the plunge and write. Pick a story idea and start going. Lord knows that the narrative will change along the way anyway.
But I still need clearly defined characters. That's one of my weaknesses as a writer - I focus much more on plot (or 'idea' [heh. originally typed 'ikea']) than on character development.

I was going to have this post be about writing weaknesses (as a sort of counter-point meme from several months back where the goal was to describe 5 writing strengths) but I'm much too tired to do that right now. Maybe in 2 days.

2 comments:

Simon said...

Dude! 'K' isn't even close to 'D'!

But, yes, totally agree (heh, typed that as "afree" - like, a person with an afro agreeing with you, or something) - you should take the plunge with one of your ideas. Yes.

Amy said...

Pick your own adventure!