Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008 - the year of the headache

That would suck. A lot. But, so far, it seems to be the case. Of course, the year is only 60 some odd hours old, so, there's a while to go before we can write the whole thing off as crappy.

I think, though, that January is just not conducive to writing for me. Or, at least January of 2008. I do have the desire to write (and blog) but so far (until now, of course) each time I've gone to do any writing, it's turned out ...to not turn out.

Yesterday we watched our DVD of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which didn't seem quite as great the 2nd time around, but was still pretty good. Luna & Snape really were the highlights. And Emma Watson's delivery, especially at the beginning, was just kinda cringe-worthy. But still, glad to have it.

Today, at work, I watched Happy, Texas. The first 15-20 minutes of this was quite funny, and while the movie was enjoyable overall, it was disappointing that it felt that it had to dissolve into predictable 'romantic comedy' territory. But, on the bright side, ending with "It's Oh So Quiet" is always a good thing. I believe I rated it a 7 (out of 10) on imdb. So there ya go.

Reading wise, I'm rereading "The Long Walk" by Stephen King (writing as Richard Bachman), and am only 40-ish pages in. While I'm still liking it, it is sometimes obvious that this was written when he was much younger.

I'm also reading "The Celery Stalks at Midnight", by James Howe, to the girls, since we have read "Bunnicula" and "Howliday Inn" recently. I think I'm going to go read the next chapter to them now, because I'm curious myself what will happen next.

No comments: