Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm learning!
Since I know that I won't have a real chance to write tonight, I'm writing in the early morning instead, to get it otu of the way. It's still not interesting, but at least I can't use the excuse of not having time for the lack of compelling narrative.

Tonight there is a cocktails/drinks/schmoozing party for NBC-Universal and our station. Howie Mandel is going to be there. See, our station picked up the syndicated version of Deal or No Deal for fall of this year (Howie will be the host of the syndicated show as well as continuing to do the national version), and to celebrate, we're having a party. I was invited! Yay!
Except that I really do suffer from social retardation, and am terrified of saying something dumb (which is funny, because I probably won't say anything, period) or of doing something wrong (possible, i guess), or of just not fitting in (bingo!).
Also, there's a bunch of stress in the household right now, and we're incredibly low on money and gas and it might be best if I didn't go.
One of those 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' type of sitches.
I don't know what will end up happening, honestly.
But at least I've blogged for the day.

6:21am 1/28/08

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm not sure if I want you to become best friends with Howie Mandel, or not.