Tuesday, September 18, 2007

[Pro]

-fessional.

I know appearances are highly important, but I truly don't get why I need to 'dress up' for work. I rarely, if ever, interact with the public (at least in person. I still have to field irritating phone calls, emails, and letters), and wearing jeans and a t-shirt won't make me perform my duties any differently than if I'm wearing casual business attire. (Except that I would feel much more comfortable in jeans)

-test.
I'm sure by now, everyone has heard about the student who was tasered at the John Kerry rally at the University of Florida. In case you've not seen it yet -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE

When I originally saw the footage, it made me physically ill. Yes, the student was being a dill-weed (he spoke longer than is shown in the link above, apparently). However, the cops most certainly did not have the right to taser him. Well, okay, I guess they did have the right. That's the problem.

Eh. More intelligent minds have undoubtedly analyzed this better, so I'll summarize with what has been said several different places that I've seen: Tasers are meant to be used as an alternative to using a gun. Does this mean that had the police present not had tasers, that they would have shot the student?

-tagonist
Everyone should be reading Y: The Last Man. Yorrick, 355, Dr. Mann, Ampersand... even Hero. All of them are just amazingly fun characters.
There's supposed to be a movie, with Shia LaBeouf being the top runner for the role of Yorrick. I suppose he could do all right. But Hollywood has mixed results in comic-book to movie adaptations, so I'm nervous about them screwing it up.

-jects
So many ideas for creative endeavors, and not just writing. But that brings me to...

-crastin@ion.

[sigh]

Just.... [sigh].

[SIGH]

Periodically, and with increasing frequency, I find that I get this annoying anxiety-attack type of feeling when I'm not working on one of the aforementioned projects. (And because of my laziness/fear of not succeeding/whatever, I'm never really working on them.) These anxiety-attack type of feelings are a feeling of extreme restlessness and all around unease in my skin. Like I should be doing something.
I probably should be.

2 comments:

Amy said...

On the other hand, I thought the layout of this entry was super neat!

Mindi Scott said...

I agree with Amy. Very clever!