Sunday, September 02, 2007

I'm having a mild-to-severe case of "why do I even bother blogging"-itis right now. To be honest, I've been in a sour mood since 5 or so, and I'm not sure why, exactly.

Anyway. Not a lot of tv viewing today, either. I turned on the television around 8:45, and Irina and I watched the last fifteen minutes of an episode of Maya and Miguel on PBS. After that ended, an episode of Nature came on (it was from 2004, "Chasing Big Cats" with the narrator being Michael Gross - whom Steph knows!!)
I always find these nature documentaries pretty interesting, but, since it was so early in the morning, and I had woken up around 5am, I actually fell asleep about 15 minutes in. (Doh!)
I woke up for the final ten minutes or so, in time to see a lioness go on a suicide run against some water buffalo and get gored in the neck. Ouch! [apparently, her tribe had recently died except for her and one other lioness. I missed the backstory on how that took place, though. So they were pretty desperate for food, and she attempted to attack the water buffalo alone. My interpretation, though, was that she knew she'd get killed doing it, and that she wanted to be reunited with her family.]

After that episode of Nature ended, we turned off the tv. I turned it back on later, to play some Metroid, but we haven't watched anything else all day.
Later in the afternoon, we drove down to an indoor mini-golf place called King Putt. It's all decked out with an Egyptian theme, and blacklights throughout the entire place. It's a bit pricey, and the course is very very difficult (especially hole #5), but it was still nice to go out and do something as a family.

TV Viewing for the day - approx 45 minutes
TV Viewing for the month - approx 1 hrs 58 minute

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I hope your sour mood got blown away by riotous fun at King Putt. You've inspired me to see if I can find a mini golf place around here.