Tuesday, September 04, 2007

never underestimate the power of coincidence

1st things 1st - i have a sleeping baby in my arms, and i'm utP@, do typing is not easy, and typos will most likely occur.

surprisingly little tv viewing today, again. only 45 minutes )more or less) done at work, and only the 30 minutes to watch Maarge vs the Monorail at home.
work tv was 15 minutes of Dr. phil A& his commercials (a daily thing. mayve i'll explain it in detaul tomorrow when i'm not so tired), 15 minutes of a Lifetyme Television Movie that was on during lunch (Tori Spelling got stabbed by some other actress that loooked fam,iliar, but i can't id her. I think the mnovie may have beeen called "Death of a Cheerleader", snd if not, it should be.), and 15 minutes of here and there catching glimpses on the monitors in the control room or on Art's tv in his office.

ANyway, total for the day, approximately 1hr 15minutes.
total 4 the month so far - approx 4 hrs 13 minutes


The other big thing of the day- As I was leaving work, I backed into a parked car.
I considered, briefly, simply leaving and not doing anything, after I got out of the van and saw that the damage to both vehicles was extremely minimal (a small amount of paint had come off the car i hit). Instead, i parked the van, and went into the builddng where the car (a shiny silver newish looking Ford Magnum, in case it matters) was pareked.
The business, by the way, is a Kabbalah center of something or other. They, like, selll Kabbalah-related merchancidse or something.
Anyway, I went inside, and there was a young blonde woman on the phone behind the counter. After five minutes or so of waiting (not really an exaggeration, but maytbe?) for her to get off the phonbe and talk to me, i ask her if that car out front is hjers. "Yeah. Kinda?" she responds. (She's driving i t, but it's actually her teachers car, she tells me)
I told her that i backed into her car, and does she want to see the damsage, yada yada.
We go outside, and she looks at it, and i get the insurance info, and she makes a copy of it, and then as she's handing it back to me, she says, "since there's no such thing as coincidence, here's a free kaballah dvd, so you can know what we're all about."
???? The hell?
I simply said, "ok, thanks".
i gave her my contact numbers (cell phone and home phone) so she could give them to the car's ownder, and ...well, that was,m like, 6 hours ago. In a perfect wrold, the guy would just say, "Oh well, no big deal," and not even bothher calling the insurance comapny. Maybe he still will. I know if the situation were ferversed, that's what i'd do. [shrug]

in other news, there's some new church sign wisdom to share, but i'll do that tomorrow.

And lastly, we went rv-material-shopping today. our maiden voyage in it will be this saturday. Let's hope i don't back into anything.

3 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Haha! That car was waiting for you to back into it, dude. They've got your number now! (Er, I mean, bad luck. Sorry.)

On the positive side, at least you didn't have the trauma of what poor Cassy went through when she backed into those truck-driving twats a while back...

Amy said...

Couldn't you have left a note?

Actually, I'm sure what you did was the better thing. Also, if the guy calls the insurance company over scratched paint, he's an idiot.

Also, if I were in that situation, I would have told the girl that I don't have a DVD player.

P@ said...

Hee. Leaving a note always reminds me of the story/joke/urban legend (?) about the person who dinged a car in a parking lot, got out, and wrote on a note, "I just hit your car. The people watching me think I'm writing down my insurance information. They're wrong."

And I need to get around to watching that DVD sometime this month so I can add it to my tv-viewing experiment.

Lastly, spaqmqv!