Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Our news turns one today, oh boy.

Yup. One year ago today, our station(s) began airing news on a nightly basis.And while it got off to a bad start, things have become routine. In an already overcrowded market, we're adding to the saturation of "information". And have been for 266 days. Yahoo!

To celebrate, right now they are having a free lunch (who says there's no such thing?). Of course, I'm at home. So a lotta good that does me.

Also, our station(s) being Sinclair Broadcast Group stations, will be running some stupid Anti-Kerry documentary thing in a few weeks. As a result, we've been receiving death threats. Guess I picked the right time to go on vacation.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Vacation! Yay!

(it's very late here)

Anonymous said...

Yo P@, you're a technician or some such, right? Any chance there could be a conveniently timed "We are experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by" on the night the anti-Kerry thing is going to run?

Would a few dead presidents help persuade you? ;)

-nkl

P@ said...

Kirk - it's a nice offer, but I somehow feel that it would have to be a LOT of dead presidents, seeing how I'd lose my job and all. But, Hee. That would be quite funny. I'd probably make the news!