Sunday, October 31, 2004

Sugar is poison

So it's Halloween. Hooray!!

The girls are all happy, eating Smarties ("Why are Smarties so popular, but you can't buy them anywhere? I only see them when I go trick-or-treating.") and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and lollipops and whatnot.

Steph is lying on the delapidated couch, listening to the baby. Or some demon inside her belly. I'm not sure which.

Lord only knows where Oreo is.

I'm tired, and was very close to not blogging, but the desire to express myself won out over exhaustion. Lucky yous.

So, our day.

I spent several hours last night online catching up on the stupid 'boqtober' goal I had given myself. Thus, tiredness today.
Anywhat, woke up, and the girls watched tape-delayed Kids WB episodes and we had breakfast.

After we all dressed, showered, blahblahblahed, we went to Rufio's and Subway for our lunch. Stephanie went to Children's Orchard to buy some clothes for Deceptor. Next we hit Target and Learning is Expensive to buy stuff that I guess we need. And also some new Pokemon cards, which pleased the girls immensely.

Once we got home, we carved the pumpkin, and it turned out pretty well. Steph did the deglooping of the insides, but we didn't keep the seeds this year. Oh well. She also drew the face with a pen, which made the carving (done by me and the girls) much easier.

Around 6, we got the girls in their costumes (Saren - a witch, Harper - a pumpkin) and then hopped in the car to drive to a nicer neighborhood to beg for candy. While driving, we saw that our neighborhood had a lot more trick-or-treaters than previous years, which was surprising.

We did the trick-or-treat thing for about an hour and a half, and were, once again, saddened by how few houses/children there were. Everyone seems to go to those Safe House Trick or Treating things, which I dislike. Even so, the girls did wind up with plenty of candy, and they had a good time, so that's all that truly matters.

After that we had dinner out (not Wendy's! Bucking tradition this year!), then came home and watched last year's "Treehouse of Horror". We still have "Nightmare Before Christmas" to watch, but the girls went to play their Pokemon decks instead, and I came online, and Steph tried to listen to the baby, and well, that brings us up to date.

Hooray for Halloween!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I only had 5 trick or treaters this year. No college students, though, which is unusual. I gave out gummy fangs. You can stick them in your mouth, and...instant vampire!

Lucas said...

Peanut butter cups... Good lord. Miss them. Horribly. Can't get them here.

I get sick and nauseous when the pumpkin in our house is deglopped.

And did Harper, in her punkin costume, wonder why you were eviscerating her punkin brethren?

Jess said...

Hee! Cute punkin Harper and witchy Saren. I'm not much for trick-or-treating, but when it's really little kids being helped out by their parents I don't mind. (My objection comes from the louts who maced by brother in the eyes when he was about 6.)

Simon said...

Pokemon! Yes! And Simpsons! Double Yes!

You know, I never went trick or treating. I wish I could have.

Eileen said...

The only guiser we had this year was my little cousin. He was dissapointed because he knocked on every door on his street and not a single person answered, despite it being blatantly obvious someone was in. How mean is that?!