Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Well, normally I wait until I have 100 PMs in my inbox, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon, so I'll just go ahead and answer it now.

What kind of fool do you take me for?
[jester]
That kind. (I'm too lazy/bored to actually find a link to the jester icon. Forgive me.)

Complete the following sentence: "Just between you and me, I'm really glad that Jennifer, Throaty, mauki, The_Witch, Avery, 20kabillion, Zatharas, and Kingman.is are not posting anymore."
Funny enough, 20kabillion got the most votes (4) even though at the time she still was posting.

Where do you see yourself in 10 seconds?
Wondering where I see myself in 10 minutes.

Where do you see yourself in 10 minutes?
Hey! I was right! Um..7:13pm...I'll probably be logging off the internet, doing some dishes and figuring out what I'll be having for dinner.

Where do you see yourself in 10 hours?
5:14am on the 23rd? I'll (hopefully) be sound asleep.

Where do you see yourself in 10 days?
That would be May 3rd. I'll probably just be at work. Recording a new episode of Alias. Answering next month's PMQ responses. [shrug] Boring.

Where do you see yourself in 10 weeks?
That would be July 1st. The day before Harper turns 3. So, most likely, getting prepared for the next day.

Where do you see yourself in 10 months?
Feb. 22nd of 2004? That would be 2 days before our 6th anniversary. Hopefully love will be in the air. [wink] [wink] [nudge] [nudge]
Also, it would be nice if we had some cash saved away at that point in time. And will have decided if/where we are moving to.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
2013. Hmm. I'll be 37. Saren'll be 15. Harper, 12.
Well, hopefully we'll have moved out of Las Vegas by then. And that would, of course, mean having a new job. Something where I can work from home would be ideal, but I really have no clue what I would like to do.
Of course, if the Mayans are correct, it won't matter by that point.

Where do you see yourself in 10 decades?
2103....
I dunno. Depending on how science progresses over the next few decades, we could all very well live several hundred years. I know I'd like to.
I guess by that time if I haven't travelled somewhere I'll be pretty upset with myself.

Where do you see yourself (or humanity) in 10 centuries?
This is interesting to think about. If you think back 1000 years, a lot has changed in society. I really doubt that the folks living in 1003 AD could even concieve of how different life is now.
But, you go back 1000 years from there, and really, not that much had changed. I mean, you take someone living in 03AD, and put them in a time machine and drop them off in 1003, and they'd most likely adjust pretty well.
But if someone from 1003 were to be time-warped to now, they might just go insane.
So. Would someone from 2003 be able to make it in 3003?

I dunno.

It's become difficult for us to imagine that far into the future. I think that this is due to our focus on the now. We have become an incredibly short-sighted species. If the lifespan does indeed expand to hundreds of years, that will have to change. It really should change anyway, if we're going to leave any type of worthwhile planet for our descendants.
Of course, the Mayans might be right, and it won't matter anyway. [wink]

What if they threw a war and nobody showed up?
It would be fought by General Apathy and Major Boredom. (points to who catches the reference)

What is the best damn band ever?
There is only one correct answer to this question.
It is thus:

Music. Pffffft.

and finally...

Tell me something I don't know.
How can I tell myself something I don't already know?
Gah! Logic loop! circuits fizzle

No comments: