Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Would you like to take a survey?

So, I didn't get my nap.

I was lying down, just on the brink of actually getting some sleep, when, as the Universe often does when Loki (this one, not this one) is in charge, the telephone rang.

Thinking it might be important (Saren, perhaps, whom I haven't talked to in ages! I miss her!!), I answered.

It wasn't Saren. Unless, while in Ithaca she has become roboticized. And has developed a sudden and acute interest in Southern Nevada politics and my opinion on how Jim Gibson is doing in his job. [sigh]

So, after completing the phone survey (I know. I should've just hung up. It's not like I was oging to hurt the robot's feelings...), I couldn't go back to sleep, so I went outside and cleaned up the front yard's massive amount of leaves. (It's been, like, 3 months since I last did, so there were a LOT).
Now I'm all sweaty, and hungry, and even more tired than before.

All told, I would have preferred the nap.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Supremely earned nap, though. That's good. Also, the word verification thing sympathises with you: it says "ouffe", which is probably French for "oof".