Wednesday, September 22, 2010

100 days and MANTIS

2010 only has 100 days left in it! Crazy. And, actually, since this day is more or less over now, it's 99.

Our Mantis (Steph blogged about it here - way back in July!) has grown to a disturbingly large size now. I'm not sure how big it is, exactly, but it's much bigger than it was all those months ago when it first appeared on our screen door.
In fact, until a few weeks ago, I was pretty certain that it was going to be stuck there because the gap to get out was way too thin for it to fit through.

However, I saw it squeeze itself out of the crack about 3 weeks ago (in order to catch another insect that made the mistake of crawling nearby - which was awesome and scary) ...and then it squeezed back in. Heh. It totally thinks of the screen door as it's home.

But if it gets much larger... well, my joke right now is that it will probably eat the turtles first. And then the cats. So, we'd have time to get away before it goes after us.
Although I've not seen the turtles for a few days now....

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm happy that it got bigger, though!

I had a tiny mantis in my garden one time (I may have mentioned it) but then it just sort of disappeared.

ovaberr