Friday, September 03, 2010

eh.
Just spent the last five minutes or so trying to think of a title, unsuccessfully.
My day was long, stressful, ultimately rather boring.
WOrking at "the sev" is, I think, not something I want to do for an extended amount of time. I like it, in theory. But it seems that each time I go toward there, I feel a small sense of dread. I fear that I'm not learning the job quickly enough, and not really being trained properly. Or, maybe, that I'm not being trained the way I would like to be? Because it seems that the way I've been taught thus far has been the "throw him in and see if he swims" method, which, is, you know, fine. People can learn that way (and I am learning) but it's also somewhat stressful while you thrash about until you start to tread water, ya know?

I'm rambling, and not really sure what my point is, or if this is even worth blogging about, but, there ya go. All I know is that I'm rather relieved that I don't have to work at any of my jobs on Sunday.

3 comments:

Simon said...

Ouch, man.

Annika said...

Ack! That's a horrible way to train someone! Not only is it awful for you, but they run the risk of you figuring out a way to do something that is 'wrong'. Dumb and unfair of them. I hope you don't have to work there for very long.

Amy said...

Bah. BAH.