Thursday, September 02, 2010

Nine oh two one schmoe

That was Steph's nickname for Beverly Hills 90210, which we sometimes watched (in syndication) waaaay back in the day.

I had originally wanted Fridays to be "Fiction Fridays" wherein I would write some sort of nontrue anecdote. But I'm rather tired (shocking!), so I'll pass for now. Perhaps I'll ...oh wait. Heh. TOday is only Thursday. Oh, man. See? Tired!

Speaking of fiction, though, and also of weird coincidences:
For a few days now I've had a story idea mulling about in my head (actually, it's alternated between about 3 or 4 of them), but anyway, one of the main ones was about a guy who goes to a party, and takes a hit of a new drug called Zig Zag, and passes out. When he comes to, he's somewhere he doesn't recognize. Eventually, he discovers that he's in a different world, one wherein the zombie apocalypse has already taken place. (Yeah, it's always zombies.)
I was trying to think up a way to make it so that, in fact, he himself was a zombie.
But, the thing was, he would flip back and forth between our world and zombieland (heh. Zombieland.) whenever he would sleep in one, and that proved tricky, since, you know, zombies don't sleep.

But anyway. I've had that premise in my head for a few days.

Today, I'm at the library, picking up some other items, and a graphic novel caught my eye. That novel? Revolver. Which is about a guy in a dead-end job who, whenever he falls asleep, finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world...

1 comment:

Amy said...

I forgot you were going to do blogging again! Yay!

wv: zydro -- I don't know, but that sounds like what you were talking about.