Sunday, February 09, 2003

Well.

I suppose after a week of non-updateness, I should pull out all the punches and have something really amazing here, huh?

Fat chance.

The past week, I haven't even checked my email. (In my mind, the word "email" was said like Homestar would say it. "eeee-mail") I finally cracked today. I had 28 emails. Quite a bit of it was spam.

So, I've been off the computer for nearly 7 days. Why?

I don't know, really. I wasn't exactly training at work (although the new girl was there, just being trained by someone else), but while I was working, I simply didn't have the desire to go online. (I guess I was "setting a good example") And when I would get home, I was just too tired to bother.
Two nights back I had a dream in which I went back online, and had an overwhelming sense of ...overwhelmingness. Which, really, just means that I felt too much had happened in my absence to catch up on. The only part of the dream I remember clearly was getting an Instant Message from HyperOnion, in which he made reference to the phrase "Fim, Fam, Fum."
I had no idea what that meant (I still don't), but concluded that he was meaning "Fee Fi Fo Fum" from Jack and the Beanstalk fame, but Onion assured me that that was not what he was talking about.

I did finish my Terminator book. It had a "middle book" feel about it, so I suppose I've got to wait another year or so until the third book comes out. Other than that, though, it was entertaining enough.
I started to read "The Coming", and got about 40 pages in. I haven't picked it up in days.

At the beginning of Feb. I started a new project. I've decided to listen to all of our cassette tapes. While in the car. (The radio just got all sucktastic. Well, actually, the radio was always sucktastic, I just finally drew the line and said, "Hey, we've got all these tapes that we never listen to...") Currently in the tape deck? A mixed tape of Steph's that is The Pixies on one side, and Juliana Hatfield on the other. "This monkey's gone to heaven." =)

I've got a bit of popcorn kernel in my teeth, and it's driving me insane.

Earlier today, when I finally came back to the all-embracing Internet, I was blog hopping, and I noticed a few people with these chat-box type deals. I considered putting one on my blog (and I still might) but it does appear to be something done mainly by preteen...types. Of course, mentally, I'm on par with a twelve year old, so there ya go.

I've developed this nervous eye-twitch. Only it happens all the time, not just when I'm nervous. I don't like it.

There's something ...unique about this blog entry. Points to anyone who can pinpoint what I'm thinking of. (I don't know what these "points" are going toward. Perhaps they're like points on Whose Line Is It Anyway? and they simply don't matter. Much like the old "Pat is weird" donation fund thing.)

Speaking of money (sorta), Jupe, I owe you a quarter. Luckily it's not a quarter for each stupid thing said, otherwise, hoo-boy.

What else?

Um...

Huh. I had a whole lot to say (well, duh, seeing how I've been away for so long) but now I can't seem to remember any of it. Ain't that how it always goes?

OH!!! Today was like time-warp to 1992 day. First, when I was still home, we were watching SNL repeats on Comedy Central. They were the ones with Sharon Stone guest starring (musical group: Pearl Jam) and then whats-her-name...Tom Cruise's wife? OH! Nicole Kidman. (musical group: Stone Temple Pilots)
Then, at work, the movie that was ending at 3 was Singles. My 3pm movie was The Bodyguard and my 8pm movie was Pretty Woman (I think that might be 89...91? Whatever) It was totally 1992 day. Stuff was funny back in 1992. And now it's all old. Which makes me a little bit sad.

Speaking of sad, we saw Jungle Book 2 today. As my wife said, it had a very "direct to video" feel to it. But, hey, it was free.

All right. I've rambled enough. I think I've learned my lesson in regards to staying away from onlineness. Of course, I haven't gone to the forums in a week either, and I know I've got a number of PMs to read/respond to, in addition to all the posts.

No comments: