Sunday, February 02, 2003

Happy
Groundhog
Day!!


We went to the library today, and my library card is all rebalanced at zero. ($20.75 fine. Procrastination can be pricey)
I'm all excited about my books. They're crappy, because I don't read "literature", but screw class.

The four books I checked out:

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
I've read it before, but it was a while back, so I thought I'd reread it.

Instant Karma by Mark Swartz.
About an anarchist planning on blowing up a library. Got to love cynical, sadistic stuff like that.

(I couldn't find this on Amazon) but the third book was a sci-fi book about aliens coming to earth and our reaction to it. [shrug]

And
T2: Rising Storm by S.M. Stirling

This is the one I'm all giddy about (and the first one I'm reading). Stirling wrote a sequel to T2: Judgment Day (It was T2: Infiltrator) that I read about a year ago, and really enjoyed. It did, however, leave a few loose ends. So I was quite happy to find that he'd written another book in the T2 series. [grin] As I said, it's not Dickens, or anything that'll ever hit the New York Times Bestsellers list, but dude! Killer robots from the future!!

We watched Alias last night. It's amazing how much better a show that is than Buffy is of late. There's even a (semi) similar plot thing going on, but Alias is pulling it off 1000 times better than BtVS. [smile] (I'm trying to be vague for those spoiler-phobes out there.)

Wow. I really want some ice cream.

So, Puxatawney Phil saw his shadow today. No big surprise, given his history.

Saren, Steph and Harper made Groundhog puppets yesterday. We played with them a little bit today. I even made them sing Sheryl Crow songs. [wink]

It's weird how normally today is a great big deal for me. (Well, I like to pretend that it is) But I haven't even logged onto the board. And I don't think I will. Last year around this time, I know I made some sort of noise about the date (02/02/02) and I think I posted my "Believe it or boq" post. I'm just in a meh-mood with the board, I think. It'll circle back around, I'm sure.

Well, I'm off to go get absorbed into a book. Yay books!

No comments: