Tuesday, January 16, 2018

that's my secret, I'm angry all the time

There's probably something wrong with me. Well, ha ha ha, there's a lot wrong with me, but specifically, for the past... however long, month, two, five? I don't know exactly, time is meaningless, but for however long, I have been mad a lot. And it's RAGE. I'm furious when I drive.

While driving is the main impetus for my anger, it's also crept into my work day. I find myself swearing at emails and occasionally actually typing out my profanities (I erase them before sending, of course, because I do like having a job that pays for stuff) and lately I"ve been noticing i get curt more and more with coworkers who are making requests that aren't all that unusual, just slightly inconvenient, but they're causing my rage levels to rise.

I came to the realization that anger is about lack of control, and that keeping in mind that control is illusory may be the way to keep that in check.

No comments: