Saturday, January 13, 2018

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away

We've been on a very Star Warsy kick lately, having the youngins watch the original trilogy over the past couple days, and then we just returned from watching episode 8 in the theaters. (No spoilers for The Last Jedi in this blog post, so I'll just say: It was very good.)

I've been trying to avoid the internet for fear of spoilers and have, for the most part, been pretty successful, but one of the things I have gleaned is that there are some people who were pretty unhappy with the latest installment. That's to be expected, of course, because you can't please everyone, so I was a little bit worried going in that there was going to be something about the movie that was going to cause ...well, I don't know what I was fearing, honestly. Because, like I said, I've been avoiding things, so I wasn't sure WHY people seemed upset.
...and after having watched the film, the answer is obvious. It's because people are, by and large, stupid, and like to get outraged about trivial matters.
The newest Star Wars is excellent (if a little long) and there is absolutely no reason to hate on it.

Now, the ending of Return of the Jedi, on the other hand... (having not seen the prequels, the kids needed us to tell them who that third ghost was). Also, the entire Star Wars movies love them some wipes, don't they?

Anyway, really looking forward to episode 9, just have to wait another year and a half-ish.

No comments: