Monday, January 22, 2018

hey hey hey let's not do drugs

So, tonight was the first class of my English 205 (Introduction to Creative Writing: Fiction & Poetry) course, and it was a blast! Online classes are fine, but I think being in person (at least with this and my communications 101 class, which is the other in-person course I'm taking this semester) allows me to get more out of it.
It helps matters that this course seems like a very fun one - the teacher is very fun, with a great sense of humor, and the students are all pretty cool, too.
But what's really surprising to me is that in both classes (I've attended 3 now, two of the Comm. and then the one English tonight) I've spoken up, like a lot. And that just doesn't seem like ME, ya know? I'm not one to draw attention to myself, but, evidently, I enjoy having a little bit of a spotlight on me. Who knew?

Tonight's class had me sharing all sorts of stuff - I related the "bomb/bong" story, I sang the turtle-peep song, and I gave my Patypical interpretations of some poems. And people loved it all! Oh, and I had to write some doggerel (bad poetry), which I also shared, and because it is internet related, and because we all love bad poetry, I'm going to share with you all now:

So-social media
I posted my love on the book of Face
I posted my love all over the place
I was looking for likes
and thumbs up and views
I was looking for love
from you.
My heart is a-Twitter whenever I tweet
someday I hope we will meet
I follow your instagram and I send you email
why does my love for you always fail?


No comments: