Friday, July 04, 2008

Writers write

Which leads me to believe that I am not truly a writer.
I keep NOT writing. Even when the desire to tell a story, or to express an opinion, or even to leave a comment on a blog hits me... the laziness factor wins out. What's up with that, dude?

Maybe taking the pressure off myself of thinking of myself as a writer will be a release, and I'll wind up writing as a result. Wouldn't that be amusing?

Eh. Enough whining. (Writers write, whiners whine) I'll either write, or I won't. Right? I mean Write? (ha!)

Let's see. What else to blog about?

I've been on a movie-viewing streak lately. Hooray! Still not really on track with seeing 200 by the end of the year, but it's an achievable goal. With 180-ish days left in the year, and 145ish movies to watch, I roughly need to watch a movie a day. We'll see how it goes.
The Library A to Z thing will certainly help matters somewhat. And stepping up our Netflix viewing will as well.
Plus, this month I think (hope) that Steph and I will go see the new Batman movie once it comes out. I've been wanting to see this for a while now, I really hope that it lives up to the hype.

Huh. Next time I blog I won't have to worry about topics to think of. It will be Annika's birthday (30!) and I'll have moved onto the B's in the A-Z gimmick, plus I'll need to give my thoughts on the A's. Plenty of fodder for blog material. If only it were always that easy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I too want to see that there Batman movie. I hope it lives up to the expectations...

Anonymous said...

I didn't write for YEARS. Then I wrote a bit, then I didn't write for a while. Lately I am writing maybe once a week. I think writers write maybe not ALL the time.

Amy said...

I'm dreaming as fast as I can, you know.

Anonymous said...

I don't think writers write all the time. Even when I have an assignment, if I don't "feel" like writing, I don't because otherwise what comes out is utter crap. It's hard enough to keep utter crap from coming out even when I do feel like writing...so when my brain says, "no", I give in to it.

Yep, writing is something that has to grab hold of you and really in the long run "the writing" sort of writes itself. Forced writing sounds forced.

However, that being said, I think you're a clever and interesting writer. If you weren't, I wouldn't be here reading.

BTW, on the Netflix thingy...the plethora of lesbian movies is sort of research for my daughter's sake. Really. ;-)