Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

"Hotel California" by Eagles

Rando entry.

And, I should warn, that I am somewhat tired.

So. Yesterday morning a man driving a truck lost control and collided with a bus stop. He killed one woman instantly, another is currently in critical condition in the hospital.
The bus stop was right up the street from the stop I normally use when I pick up the bus in the morning on the days when I use public transportation. The accident also took place at the time of day when I would normally be out there. So, that was all a little eerie.

In marginally related news, starting tomorrow I'll be bussing it in to work on a full-time basis.



Yesterday I was doing some work in the yard - pulling weeds and whatnot - and I tore a blister on my thumb, pulling off a chunk of skin about half the size of a penny. Oddly, the skin has not grown back there yet. It's still, twenty-four hours later, all sore and sleek and bloody. Weird. (perhaps I'll get photos loaded later)



During last weekend I read Infected by Scott Sigler. 339 pages, last word - anyone.
It was one of those page-turners where once you get started, it's damn-near impossible to stop. It's also supposed to be the first in a trilogy (which I didn't know to begin with.) All I can hope now is that book 2 will be out by the time I get to the S's.


I am really tired. I don't know why.


Oh. Hey. Earlier today, the desire to write again came back (I'd be writing [fiction] right now if I had the energy, honestly), and at the time I didn't care *what* I wrote, just as long as I was writing. And that made me think...there are so many stories that I've started, that maybe I should go back and finish one of those. If nothing else, it would do wonders for my self-esteem in regard to stories. You know? If I would just complete one of the many that I've left hanging, it would prove to myself that I *can* finish a tale.
But which one?
And so, since I do love the whole interactiveness of the internet, and also enjoy linking to past writings, I now present it to the P@riots:
Should I finish [first]:

Wolf (and in which of it's forms?)
That Perth Story involving Jen and Phoenix
Andilus' story
Paul Washington's story
The Malfunctioners (no online link for that one, since I've never really written any of it on a computer. But it's a story that has been in my head since I was about 14 or so)
A whole new story that just started brewing. It involves the military. And someone really famous. And dead.

Yeah, I know. All of them. But which one first? They all have their draws.
Which is why I'm asking for input. I promise to actually do work on the story once I decide, but picking which to go with is the difficult part. (How weird is that?)

Anyway. Once I do, I'll be sure to let you all know.

7 comments:

Amy said...

You know, taking all of these paragraphs as not random at all but interrelated, I can't help but think that you injured your thumb, and it got infected, and that's why you're tired.

Um. I hope not!

And oh man. Oh man. I don't know. I really want to say all of them! And in lieu of saying all of them the only thing I can say is "this one and this one and this one and this one!"

I'm intrigued by this famous dead person story, though. [eyebrow]

Amy said...

Also the Perth story.

Amy said...

Also the Paul Washington story.

Anonymous said...

As you know, I have no decision making skills. Therefore, the only advice I can offer is eeny, meeny, miney, moe. All the stories had equal if varied merit.

Just, go west young man. I mean, go write young man.

BTW, the similarities in our respective weeks was striking to me.

P@ said...

Ah, the old "leave it up to chance" method. I may just do that, Cindy.

Ooh! Perhaps I could go the ADD-route, and work on one one day, another the next, another the next, and so on. That would be rather P@ypical of me.

P@ said...

And, looky! I've added a poll! Yay, democracy!

Anonymous said...

I'm always going the ADD route. Of course being slightly ADD might have something to do with it.

BTW, I thought I would gently mention, "where the frack is the fuzzy red robe on your blog roll?"

See how tender and understanding I can be. ;-D

Also, you simply must let me explain all the lesbian movies on my Netflix list. Because there really is a noble explanation other than ummm....you know....bi-curious and all.