Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I'm not really here.

Hopefully this is working, and this post will show up after Wednesday at 9:21pm, regardless of the fact that it was actually written days beforehand. (Time is meaningless!!!) This does raise some questions about the nature of time. I mean, everything that is read is actually about things that have already taken place, because they were written in the past, even when it's about things that haven't occurred. Um. Yeah, I'm not sure about what I just wrote. Eh. I'm basically filling for time (heh!) because I don't have anything to say as I type this, but what's crazy is that when you are reading it, that won't be the case any more.

We'll have driven aproximately 1,500 miles, and will be in (or near) Vancouver, Washington. Undoubtedly there will have been plenty of things to have blogged about. Undoubtedly pictures well have been taken. And undoubtedly, I'll be pretty darn tired by that point. (Driving = exhausting) But for now, that's all in (my) future. Bah. Time travel.

Speaking of Time Travel - we bought T2 today. (Um. I mean last Sunday.) It was in the bargain bin DVD pile for only 5.50, so I snatched that sucker up. I then had to give Harper the reader's digest version of the plot of The Terminator. She's pretty excited about the whole thing lately - I suspect because of how often I play "Terminator" with her, and the bits and pieces of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles that she has seen. We haven't yet watched the movie(s) though, but once we do, I'll be sure to let you know what she thinks about it/them.

Lastly, I saw this sign at the mall today (er, again, last Sunday):

"In 2007, American's spent 16 billion dollars on bottled water."

Which led me to wonder - how much did we spend on misused apostrophes? [yeah, probably not what the writer's (HEE!) of the sign were wanting me to think, but that's the way my brain works.]

2 comments:

Amy said...

While you're sitting around in the present, the future has already become the past.

And O! dude, I can't quantify how much misused apostrophes have cost me, and have cost us all.

... I'm sorry, I just cracked myself up.

Mindi Scott said...

Ha! I love this post! Also, Vancouver, Washington! That's totally in my state. :-)

*waves toward I-5 South*