Wednesday, May 07, 2008

I have only myself to blame

Why do I continue to check out (and read) Dean Koontz books? I'm currently 150-ish pages into The Darkest Evening of the Year, and it is horrid. Like, "hurl the book across the room" bad.

And yet... I know I'm going to finish it in the next day or two. And, undoubtedly will pick up whatever else he publishes. Except for the Odd series. Which, ironically enough, I've heard are not half bad. It's like, "a good Koontz book? I won't stand for that!"

What books/authors/movies/tv shows/whatever do you torment yourself with, despite knowing that you really shouldn't?

7 comments:

Amy said...

TWILIGHT, TWILIGHT, TWILIGHT.

I need help.

Anonymous said...

We still watch Law & Order: SVU even though it's clearly past its prime. It's one of those things where you like the actors and the characters, and the drop in quality is very gradual and sometimes it's still sort of good so you rationalize it. It's easier to drop a show if the quality decline is more sudden. Though that still doesn't explain why I watched s7 of Buffy. But at least I kissed off the last season of Angel; I was rather proud of that, actually.

-Kirk

P@ said...

Season 7 of Buffy is pretty much inexplicable in many many ways, Kirk.
And, despite some unevenness, I found the last season of Angel pretty enjoyable overall.
Now if I could just quit Smallville...

Amy said...

I'd definitely rather watch Season 5 of Angel than Season 7 of Buffy.

Of course, that's something akin to preferring a punch in the face to a kick in the groin.

Meghan said...

I'm RIGHT THERE with you on the Dean Koontz front. I jump in and slop around in his predictability. I can't help myself.

Amanda said...

I'm still reading Laurell K. Hamilton books.

Season 5 of Angel is totally worth watching, if only just for Smile Time.

Mindi Scott said...

Grey's Anatomy.

Oh, and October Road when it was on. SUCH horrific writing.