Sunday, May 20, 2007

Aaaand.... ACTION!

Public Service Announcement:

Beginning June 1st is the first official Script Frenzy - where you attempt to write a 20,000 word screenplay in 30 days or less.

I haven't yet signed up for it. Not sure if I want to. I have not yet successfully completed a nano month, and I know how novels are formatted. Doing a screenplay is a totally different animal (I would assume). On the other hand, a good portion of my story ideas are presented in my head as scenes from a movie. I can often see how something from Wolf, or the Perth story would play out on screen, so maybe I should give it a go.

If nothing else, the 'plot machine' is pretty amusing. I mean, who wouldn't want to see a movie in which:
After being bitten by rabid penguins

Deepak Chopra

befriends a young runaway with a secret

or


Unable to break into adult entertainment

a talking lobster

discovers a shocking use for spray cheese


Two thumbs up!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Dude, that's genius.

Do it!

Simon said...

OK, those would be extreme plotlines. But who hasn't used an extreme plotline in their time? ;)

Anonymous said...

People keep asking me if I'm participating. Um, I already write screenplays. I don't have time to write another one!

But I totally think it's an awesome idea, and I'd be happy to help you if you have any formatting questions or whatever.