Wednesday, June 28, 2006

If we get this open, we're gonna have a lock problem.

(Above quote taken from Season 1 of Lost)

I locked the keys in the minivan today.

Didn't realize it until I was going to leave for the day, and was all, "Um. Where are the keys?"

I called ABC Locksmith because they had a coupon in the phone book (seriously! Look in the back of your phone books, and there are pages and pages of coupons! How nifty!) and it saved me five bucks. (Yes, I'm a cheapass. Your point?)

The waiting for the guy was the longest part. The operator told me that he would be there within 30 minutes. 45 minutes after that I called them back and said (essentially), "Yo. Where my dogs at?" And they responded with a "within 10 minutes".
And, sure enough, they did get there, like five minutes after that.

When the locksmith arrived, he got out, and within seconds, had our van unlocked. The guy was bald, and had many tattoos on his muscular arms and neck. I always wonder if these locksmiths are ex-cons. It would explain their uncannily good ablility at breaking into cars. And homes.

There was a list of other things I wanted to talk about, but I'm having difficulty concentrating lately. Eh.
On the bright side, today I only had two minor instances of what I have dubbed "stress jaw". That lovely condition is where the tension in my jaws has been so painful that I have actually been moved to tears as a result. As stated, fortunately it seems to be clearing up on its own. Or maybe the voodoo doll finally had the pins removed from the mouth area.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

After at least five times locking myself out of my car (the last time being right after running out of gas in the middle of a street), I am now super-paranoid about having my keys in my hand when I close the door. Super-paranoid.

CosmicAvatar said...

Ooops! Glad that got sorted out.

And dude, are you saying that "stress jaw" is a regular, more-than-two-times-a-day occurrence? Because that's just wrong. Sort it aaaahhhhht!

Amy said...

Dude, isn't that TMJ?

Also, I can't lock my keys in my lock. Because my driver's side door won't lock but with using the key from the outside. It sucks! I wish I had the luxury of locking my keys in the car.