Thursday, April 08, 2004

Poor toothless Michaelangelo Washington.

Man, that guy.

So, yeah, if our computer gets any slower, I'm going to go out and purchase a gun. To use on it.

And, yes, I'm aware there's a five-day (or whatever) waiting period to buy a gun. I'm just hoping that by the time I get back with the firearm, the computer will be done downloading. Sheesh. The pain I go through for profile pics...

In other news, we went to the zoo today. That was zoological! There were "apes" (damn lying signs!) and wallabies and emus and lions. Birds all over the place, and goats that kept trying to escape. There was an alligator basking in the sun, and several turtles, who moved quicker than one would assume. There were two ravens, trapped in what had to be the smallest cage I have ever seen. I felt quite sorry for them. Zoos bring that out in me. While at work, I mentioned the zoo, and it seems I'm not alone in that feeling. Huh.

The other big news of the day - we had a celebrity drop by work! Sandra Bullock is in town, filming Miss Congeniality 2. Apparently at some point in the movie, she will be on "the news". And our fake news will be the one they went to! Hee! Guy and BobbleHead and RachWell will make it onto the Big Screen!

Unless the scene gets cut, in which case, DVD!!

Neat!

I missed meeting Miss Bullock by about 10 minutes, apparently, but maybe I'll get to see her for Miss Congeniality 3. [shrug]

What else?

Oh. I finished Hybrids, and liked it. I feel all weird now, since, like I said before, I'm done with the trilogy. It's as though my brain is saying, "Okay. Now what?"
I also (re)read God Bless You, Dr. Kervorkian today. Yup. Finished it in one day. Course, it's a short book, and I've read it before, but I do like my Vonnegut. [up] I know the guy is like 80ish, but he should totally still be writing. [sigh] I don't know what I'll read tomorrow. Guess it's library time again.

So, that's pretty much my day in a nutshell.

Oh, and I talked to the Jupe today. She's awesome.

No comments: