Friday, April 02, 2004

I want Charles in charge of my days and my nights.

The Steph was just talking to me and said that I should start writing again everyday. That sounds like work, to me, but at the same time it seemed to have sparked the "writing" bug in me, and so this may be a lengthy entry. I feel like I've got lots to say. Hurrah.

It rained today. A lot. I was thinking that maybe we somehow woke up in Seattle without realizing it, because this is definitely not Vegas weather. I wonder if other places are having wacky weather too. I believe as we continue to screw with the environment, the weather patterns are gonna get more intense, and more unusual. I believe that because other people have done research on the matter and said as much. And because I pretty much believe whatever I'm told.

But, yeah, it rained cats and dogs this afternoon, and as a result, despite leaving home several minutes early, I arrived at work 22 minutes late. Woo hoo! (In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.)
I'm hardly ever on time at work anymore. It doesn't matter what time I leave home, the traffic on the way in compensates and I end up walking in at 3:03, or 3:10, or, like today, 3:22. Nobody has said anything to me (yet) but I don't like it.

Huge bombshell was dropped today at work. The chief engineer, Greg, who has been with the company for at least 11 years, resigned today. Details have not been forthcoming yet - those in the know haven't been eager to gossip about it [eyebrow] - but it's shocking, nonetheless. I'll certainly miss him, as Greg was a pretty good guy, and I wish him well.

I'm also slightly envious.

I don't think it'll happen tomorrow, or even in the next month, but I can feel that something has got to change here at work. Too much has happened and my thoughts have altered too drastically for me to continue in the manner that I have for nearly nine years now. Or maybe I'm not smart enough for anything to change. (There's a story behind that, but it's for another day. PM or email or call me if you're interested.)

In nonwork news....hmm. What should I talk about? I had a very funny story about our date to the movies from a few nights back. Or I could talk about oil. Or terrorism. Or ...no, that's pretty much all I got. Oh. I could mention the April Fool's escapades of yesterday. Although those are more "you had to be there" type of things. And the oil and terrorism things are probably best saved for separate future entries.

Oh! There are plans! I'm sure most of you are as shocked about this as I am, (knowing how Anti-plan I am) but I'm really really excited about this one. It's a Long Term Plan, and heaven only knows if it'll pan out, but the fact that it's got me looking forward to it is noteworthy.

And with that, I'm done. Seacrest ....OUT!!

No comments: