Saturday, February 14, 2004

When the whipperwhil whistles in the wind...

It was 10 years ago today that my parents bought me my brand new Geo Metro. (And we all know how that turned out.)

I can't believe that a decade has gone by since then. Wow. Ten years.

In related ...ish news, we had dinner with my parents last night at Joe's Crab Shack. Those of you who are up on your P@ trivia know full well that I am allergic to shellfish. Luckily, I stayed away from the lobster, clams, and shrimp, and dined purely on Fish & Chips. I mean, I love the taste of shrimp, but for whatever reason, I prefer to remain able to breathe. I know. I'm weird.

Dinner was rather noneventuous, except for the fact that my parents were an hour and a half late. [insert jaw dropping/eyes popping out sound effects]
An hour and a half!

Oh, and the dancing. That was enjoyable, if slightly embarrasing. But, still. Fun.

The check came to a mighty 223 dollars. Yikes. Well, might as well let my parents leave here with something memorable. [doh2]

The other day, I helped my stepmom move. And by saying "helped", I mean that I drove over to the house and watched the movers pack things and kept my mom company for a few hours.
I'm amazed - simply amazed - at how much stuff my parents have. Dear god, they're packrats. And my mom was telling me how she had thrown away like entire garbage cans full of stuff beforehand. And they still had enough material goods to build a small city. [sigh]

It was a little saddening to see the house one last time. Plus, the fact that GLEPUB1 is no longer an active phone number. It was my parent's (and my own, for a time) phone number for years. At least 12. And now, it's disconnected. Sniff.

I thought that I had something else to blog about, and maybe I do, but for now this'll have to do it. It's time for the Fucking News.

No comments: