Tuesday, February 17, 2004

La de da de da, la de da de da

Stolen from the Jupe....

I present to you the titles I've used that are lyrics from songs - explained!

From here on out, though, you're on your own. It'll be fun! When you think a title is a song lyric, when you leave a comment just state the song (and artist, if you're showing off).

Away we go...

Tuesday, July 15, 2003
"Sweet Dreams are made of these"
from "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)" by Annie Lennox of the Eurhytmics. Also Mariyln Manson.
Geez. I start with the obvious ones, didn't I?

Friday, August 15, 2003
"They say it's your birthday!"
from "Birthday" by the Beatles

Sunday, August 17, 2003
"The smile on a dog."
from "What I Am" by Edie Brickell and the New Bohemians

Wednesday, August 20, 2003
"...and the chaos that surrounds me like a flock of screaming pigs..."
from "Change" by Boingo

Sunday, August 31, 2003 was the blog-a-thon date, and all of my titles were the names of the songs from the CD Look Into The Eyeball. (We should have another blog-a-thon soon....)

Sunday, September 21, 2003
"One down. Three point six to go."
from "One Down" by Ben Folds

Thursday, October 02, 2003
"There is water at the bottom of the ocean."
from "Once in a Lifetime" by Talking Heads

Friday, October 10, 2003
"Sweet Dreams are made of these."
Again??

Saturday, October 11, 2003
"Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping ...into the future."
from "Fly Like an Eagle" by Steve Miller (or Seal)

Sunday, October 19, 2003
"It was 20 years ago today..."
from "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" by The Beatles

Saturday, October 25, 2003
"I'm havin' trouble tryin' to sleep."
from "Brain Stew/Jaded" by Green Day

Friday, October 31, 2003
"Every single one of us, the devil inside."
from "Devil Inside" by INXS

Friday, October 31, 2003
"Let me out! Let, let me out!"
from Cherub Rock by the Smashing Pumpkins

Monday, November 3, 2003
"JFK blown away, what else do I have to say?"
from "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel

Friday, November 14, 2003
"Life goes by so fast. You only want to do what you think is right. Close your eyes and then it's past."
from "Story of my Life" by Social Distortion

Monday, November 17, 2003
"I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me."
from "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)" by Marilyn Manson

Sunday, November 30, 2003
"And the wolves all howl while the world around me dies"
from "Pedestrian Wolves" by Boingo

Wednesday, December 03, 2003
"Hobbit motherfuckers!"
from "Hobbit Motherfuckers" by Er...huh. I don't know.

Thursday, December 04, 2003
"Na na na na-na-na-naaa!"
from "Hey Jupe" by the Beatles

Friday, December 05, 2003
"Always look at the bright side of life."
from "Bright Side of Life" (I'm assuming) from the movie Life of Brian

Friday, December 12, 2003
"Champagne supernova"
from "Champagne Supernova" by Oasis

Friday, December 19, 2003
"This is my United States of Whatever"
from "United States of Whatever" by Liam Lynch (Sifl and Olly)

Sunday, December 21, 2003
"I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlight begins."
from "Fight Test" by the Flaming Lips

Monday, December 22, 2003
"What would we do, baby, without us?"
from the theme song to the television show Family Ties

Thursday, December 25, 2003
"Holy Shit, It's Christmas!"
from "Holy Shit, It's Christmas" by Red Peters

Wednesday, December 31, 2003
"Just Another Day"
from "Just Another Day" by Oingo Boingo

Friday, January 16, 2004
"That which you fear the most could meet you half way."
from "Crazy Mary by Pearl Jam

Monday, January 26, 2004
"I'm gonna getchya-getchya-getchya-getchya."
from "One Way or Another" by Blondie

Wednesday, February 04, 2004
"I quit my job today, oh boy."
from "A Day in the Life" by The Beatles

Saturday, February 07, 2004
"And if I can't have everything, then just give me a taste."
from "Sin by Nine Inch Nails

Saturday, February 14, 2004
"When the whipperwhil whistles in the wind..."
from an episode of Animaniacs. I don't know if it's a real song or not.

Tuesday, February 17, 2004
"La de da de da, la de da de da"
from "What's the name of that song?" sung by the Sesame Street cast

Man, there were a lot more than I thought.

Tune in next time, when I might have an actual entry!

No comments: