Friday, August 17, 2007

The ungoogleable

There are some people - probably quite a few, actually - who, it appears, can NOT be found using Google.

On a whim, I've googled several of my old friends from time to time, just to see if they show up, or what they might be up to. Bits and pieces show up for most of them, but there are instances where putting in the person's name wields zero results.

Who are these people? Why are they not showing up on the internet? Have they gone on to become modern-day Luddites? Are they in the Witness Protection Program for having seen the truth about Pat Sajak? Do they have some sort of google-shield magic working?

I'd find out the answers to those questions, but, alas, google isn't helping me.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

I've experienced the same thing, trying to find old friends. But here's something weirder - every entry, if you google my name, is actually about the real me. There can be only one! ;-)

Simon said...

I checked for twenty pages of results, and I'm not on. I'm quite pleased about that.

CosmicAvatar said...

I once googled myself using my maiden and married names and I'm not there either. Phew.

Amanda said...

I'm there if you know which one's me. But mostly, I get hits for a woman who died in the nineteenth century, and a track star from the Quad Cities.