Friday, June 01, 2007

cash in now honey

I've sat here for the past half hour/45 minutes trying to think of what to blog about. I've started an entry a couple of times now, and deleted the text part way through. (Will this be the one that survives all the way to publishing? Only people in the future know for sure!)

The point is - my heart is just not in it right now. For writing of any kind, basically. I did start on a screenplay today. 84 words. And they're cliche and trite and completely uninteresting to me. (And at this point, I'm the one that matters)
And while it's true that 84 words is 84 more than I had before today, ... um. I don't know.

I do know this. Sometime this month, I'm going to take a step toward getting that ...other project going. [/purposely vague because that's what I do] I've been sitting on that idea for ...a year? A year and a half? Jeez. Too long, whatever the case. Anyway. I'm ready to stop just thinking about it. Hopefully when inspirations knocks again, I'll actually answer the door this time.

On a completely unrelated note, one of the episodes of The Shield that we are airing this weekend is #3-11, "Strays", in which, at the very end of the episode, Detective Dutch Wagenbach [begin spoiler for Strays - highlight to view] strangles a cat to death.[/end spoiler]

Nothing unique in this observation, but it struck me again how absurd it is that we can't allow women (or men) wearing thong underwear to be shown on the air, but the above action is perfectly acceptable.

No comments: