Saturday, May 13, 2006

MemeP3

Yeah. I'm finally getting around to doing the Music Meme that Annika posted, like a gabillion years ago.



Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.

Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.

Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Also, I'm going by what I hear, so if any of these are mondegreens, well... I don't know what I've been told. :)

1. "He says he knows me, but I don't know that guy."

2. "I'm awake, you're still sleeping."

3. "Pangs of silence from the room upstairs."

4. "You say that I am all about being tasty."

5. "Everyone gather 'round now, sing us a song, just in case tomorrow it happens he's gone."

6. "I can't stop myself from calling out your name."

7. "It's a junkie dream, makes you so uptight."

8. "The lights are off again, she took me by surprise."

9. "You look like a perfect fit, for a girl in need of a tourniquet."

10. "Crab if you wanna, she won't be coming down."

11. "Istanbul was Constantinople."
(Yay! A freebie!)

12. "Gonna make my move. Gonna make it stick."

13. "I'd like to tell you, like to tell you, like to tell you everything."

14. "There is [something] so wake up, run your lips across your fingers."
(Sorry. I honestly couldn't make that first part out.)

15. "I met this girl, she looked like Axl Rose."

16. "I don't get many things right the first time."
(In fact, I am told that a lot.)

17. "Well she crept back in the house at half past three."

18. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you go."
(Another freebie! But, can you guess the artist?)

19. "Dance Hall, Dance Hall Everyday!! I'm gonna dance hall, dance hall everyday!!"

20. "Two headed boy all floating in glass."


Phew! That took much longer than expected.
I have my own (psuedo)music meme, but I'll wait until we later to post it. We have to get ready to go to Saren's soccer game now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I would like to submit that one of these songs may be by Oingo Boingo?

Holy crap, man. Aside from the one song that I do know, and the one (or two?) songs that've I've definitely heard but don't actually know the names and/or artists of ... I have no idea what these things are.

Amanda said...

These would all be so much easier if we had the snippets of music to go with.

Other than the TMBG, #12 is ringing a bell. I want to say Weezer?