Monday, April 03, 2006

Church Sign Wisdom

Finally! Jeez, it took them forever to update their sign!

Okay, here's what we've got now:

JESUS CRUCIFIED, BURIED
RAISED IN GODS POWER
IS NOW LORD OF LORDS

and on the other side

CHRIST
IS RISEN
JUST AS HE SAID!

Erm. I'm no Bible expert, but did Christ actually say that he would "wise fwom his gwave"? (Hee! Bonus points if you get the reference)

But seriously. Did Jesus predict his resurrection, because I don't remember that part. If so, that's pretty darn neat.

I was going to make a big ol' post relating Jesus and Buffy (gist - was Jesus a vampire?) but I'm not big on the thinking front right now. I blame the time change.

5 comments:

Eileen said...

When he was in the temple, kicking all the people out for selling stuff in a house of God, he said something about how he will tear down the temple and build it again in three days. Bloody metaphors. I don't know if he ever directly said "Dude, I'm going to die and then rise from the dead. All in 3 days! Cool, eh?!", but he implied it.

I think. I'm not up to speed on my bible, but I'm sure this was the Gospel a couple of weeks ago. I need to start paying more attention at mass!

Amy said...

Jesus was a dark wizard.

P@ said...

I specifically didn't steal that from you, Jupe, so that you could say it. (Although I was sorely tempted to use it. It really is a great phrase.)

Amy said...

I know! It's awesome.

Man, I'm going to hell.

CosmicAvatar said...

Maybe something got lost in the translation?