Sunday, October 20, 2002

So, yeah, there's this janitor who comes into to work periodically, and the guy is a freak. I mean, totally weird. He's talked to me before about his belief systems and I just don't get him. At all.
And yet, he talks to me everytime I see him. He attempts to make idle chit-chat, despite the fact that I'm giving off signals that say "I do not want to talk to you. Go the hell away. Or at the very least, stop speaking."
But he doesn't get it.

This happens all the time in other places too. People (not all people, just the annoying ones) in public, just have this odd "I must pass the time by chattering to this complete stranger" gene. My defense against this is to smile, pretend I'm listening, and occasionally murmur an "Mm-hmm.", all the while wishing for the Gentlemen to come along with their handy "Shut the hell up" box.

So, yeah, maybe if other people could read my mind, they'd know that I was not interested in their blather, and bugger off.


Hee. I said "bugger off".

Angel is on in like 20 minutes.

No comments: