Saturday, October 26, 2002

Hey, cool!! I got thanked!! By a newbie, no less!
no_j sent me a Private Message thanking me for fixing his/her spoiler tags, and saying that s/he would be more careful in the future. (I honestly don't remember fixing them, but that's not the point) It certainly felt good to hear, "Hey, thanks for a job well done." (in not so many words)

Speaking of jobs, wouldn't it be nice if we didn't need them? What if everyone one day woke up and decided, ya know, I'm not going to go into the office today. I'd much rather go out and enjoy the sunshine, and perhaps have lunch with some friends and family.

Ignoring the idea of complete social chaos for a moment, could that idea work? And, really, would society breakdown? I mean, the things that had to get done would get done by people who wanted to do them. Wouldn't they?Gah. I'm not expressing myself very clearly.
I think what I'm trying to say is "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs". Or something.

No comments: