Friday, March 02, 2018

time Marches on

how in the world did it get to be March already?

And of twenty-freaking-eighteen?????

Work was exhausting, yet again, because it was Friday, and for the last two hours or so of my shift, technology was not my friend. Made for a very frustrating experience.

But, home now, and I don't have to worry about work for forty-eight-ish hours, so.

For my creative writing class this week we had to write a villanelle.  A villanelle is a style of poem that apparently is obscure enough that blogger's word processor has it underlined in red. But, basically it's a 19 line poem that uses two rhymes throughout, and alternately repeats lines 1 and 3. So, it's A B A, A B repeat line 1,  A B repeat line 3, A B repeat line 1, A B repeat line 3, A B repeat line 1 repeat line 3.

Not easy to do, but the one I wrote is... decent. After I get feedback on it, I may end up posting it here. If I had more free time (and, let's be honest, more ambition) I think it might be sort of fun to try and compose some more of them. 

Next week is the end of poetry, and then it's on to fiction. Woot woot! Although that means the class is already half way finished. Boo. I've enjoyed the poetry section a good deal more than I anticipated I would, though. It ain't all bad.

No comments: