Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Don't blame me, I voted for Voldemort*

It's been a while since I've done a Church Sign Wisdom post - partly because it's been a while since they've updated their signage, and partly due to not having anything witty to say about the previous signs when they have changed it. I mean, there's not really anything funny about
BIBLE CLASS
WEDNESDAYS 7PM


(Well, there might be. But you know what I mean.)

Anyway. They've updated the marquee, and it's ...oddly worded, I think is a fair assessment.
The new message:

THE PROBLEM IS NOT
WHO IS PRESIDENT
BUT WHO IS LORD


Well there we go. We just have to vote out God, and everything will be so much better.


*I was debating what title to use for this entry. It was always going to be "Don't blame me I voted for [name]" but the options that I was waffling between were: "Voldemort", "Fauntleroy", "Vader", or "Tracy" (all Lords), or going the other way, "Zeus", "Odin", or "Yahweh". Not certain which choice was actually funniest, but I think Voldemort works best, obviously. The merit of the choices can be debated in the comments, if you'd like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally I'd say always go with Odin, but I really do think Voldemort was the best choice here.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Byron! But yeah, Voldemort's probably the way to go.

-Kirk

Simon said...

God's been in for a while, though.

Two thousand more years! Two thousand more years!

Amy said...

Annika took my comment.

CosmicAvatar said...

Vader! Or Odin.