Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

Again?

Randomness -

While out at Target today, I said, "It's fitting that we're shopping today."
Steph said, "Why?"
I replied, "Because it's the 4th, and what could be more American than shopping?"
I then added, "Well, killing."

Irina laughed.

Irina also laughs everytime the First Evil shows up during the Buffy game.

still no kittens! I think Lickorish is giving Claire a run for her money on longest gestation ever.

Today we bought(among other items) lanterns for camping. We are now much less likely to be eaten by a grue! Yay!

We're also a two-cell-phone phamily now. Grumble. I thought the idea was to become less connected to the mainstream way of life. Oh well. We've now doubled our chances of becoming phone-crazies. Yay!

Man, aside from the driving all over the place, and going to other states, it feels like I've been dusting vamps left and right for hours. Once I beat Chaos Bleeds (probably in a day or three after we get back from San Diego), I'll make a big ol' post about it. Which will most likely be pretty boring to anyone who either a)isn't a Buffy fan
or
b) doesn't own the game
but, um, well, at least you all know it's coming now.

The TV show Medium... man, that makes my brain hurt. Not in a good way.

When I get back to work (ugh. I didn't want to mention work. Doh.) ANyway, when I get back to work, I have to re-request my time off for September for the Unschooling Conference. I requested (and was approved) the 6th, 7th, and 8th off, but those are the days of the conference. Which is in New Mexico. Which means I need to ask off the 5th as well (I should have the 4th off already, seeing how it's Labor Day) so that we have time to drive down there. If I can't get that off... well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, no?

The next four days are going to be busy as all get out. Expect a whole lotta updating when we return.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hooray for updates! I can't wait!

Dude, don't worry about the cell phones. It's not about being connected to society (at least not until cell phone numbers go listed), it's about staying connected to your family. Which is a good thing.

Irina is awesome.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Simon said...

Call in sick! ;)

Also, my word verification is "awblat". As in, "Awww, blat!" I may have to take that up as an expletive. ;)

CosmicAvatar said...

Awwww, I quite enjoy Medium. I missed a lot of S1 because BBC kept cutting the ends off on Sky+. Fortunately I'm getting a second chance on the Sci-Fi Channel...

Also, while I would never endorse Simon's suggestion, it does sound awfully sensible...