Monday, July 17, 2006

blahg

You ever feel kinda restless, and sorta not? Where you want to hit "restart" on your whole life, but at the same time, not? Where you feel like you want to have your body explode, but, you know, that might make a huge gory mess that you'd rather not leave behind?

It's HOT. I know I say that every summer, and I know everyone knows that it's hot in Las Vegas, but, really, unless you have been here the past weekend or so, you have. no. idea.
The city of Las Vegas had Excessive Heat Warnings for the Saturday and Sunday which just passed. I stepped outside long enough to drive to the corner market on Saturday, and it was, literally unbearable. Like, inside of an oven hot. People are not meant to live in this type of environment. And by "people" I mean "Spish".

But, anyway. The heat has helped contribute to the overall blah-ness. And irritability. Because, oh, god, things piss me off so easily lately. And it's all little things, too. Like the DVD player suddenly deciding that it doesn't want to display video. Audio, fine. But no video. Hrm.
And the DSL deciding to stop working. (Fixed now.)
Or Saren's light in her room burning out - but the lightbulb that I replaced it with didn't work either, because it's the wiring that needs replacing.
Or the kitchen sink clogging and needing to be unclogged with a do-it-yourself bladder attachment thing that was, of course, the wrong size, until we bought a new one.
And the fact that at work I can't send emails to anyone at tvguide anymore - just starting today. Still not clear on the reason behind that.

So all these little things are just extra incentive to us to get the hell out of hell. There's other stuff, too, but, blah.

In semirelated news, I might change my blog. But, maybe not. I like to keep ya'll on your toys. Or, um, toes.

On the bright side, I have reached the final level on Chaos Bleeds. Full report coming whenever I actually beat it.

5 comments:

CosmicAvatar said...

Heat bad!

Simon said...

Go P@! Beat that game.

The human race should be equipped with tiny fans at all times, I've decided.

Amy said...

And by "people" I mean "Spish".

Those are my favorite kind of people!

And, get ready for it ... But it's a Dry Heat, right?

Stephanie said...

The same way the heat in your oven is a dry heat.

Last night, though, the temperature dropped thirty degrees in a matter of a couple of hours because of a huge thunderstorm.

Of course, now it's back up to 102. [rolleyes] But, that's better than the 117 we had over the weekend, right? I guess.

Please kill me.

Amanda said...

And I've been thinking it's bad here. It makes me wonder why in the world people would decide to settle here. I do know, which is why I love it here, but days like we've had lately made me think settlers were crazy. They didn't have air conditioning, for pete's sake.