Wednesday, October 05, 2005

movie goers

Let's all go to the lobby...[/preamble]

So…

Going to see a Movie?


Have you ever gone to see a movie alone?
Yep.

If yes, do you often or was it a one time occurrence? If no, why not?
I think I've done that twice. I didn't enjoy it either time. It feels...weird somehow.

What was the last movie you saw? Did you see it with anyone?
Well, most of the movies I see anymore are either at home due to Netflix or at work due to ...work.
The last movie I watched at home was Van Helsing, and I didn't watch the entire thing because it was really horrible. Stephanie was with me.
At work the last movie I watched was.. um. Oh. Return of the Rebels, which was extremely boring. I'll bet Patrick Swayze wishes that movie were banned from existence. He's not alone in that wish.
As for the theater going experience, the last movie I saw on the big screen was Batman Begins, and I was with Stephanie. (And a bunch of other people I didn't really know) I enjoyed that movie.

Did the people (or lack thereof) enhance the viewing pleasure of the movie? (how so?)
Well. Hmm. Watching movies at home or at work doesn't really fit into the question. But going to the theater... It's a delicate balance. Prescreenings (like Batman Begins was) can be irritating because that many people results in a large amount of stupid. But there have been movies I've gone to where the theater is emptyish... and you know, actually, that's better. So forget what I said about delicate balance. Having less people in the theater is better. [up]

When you go see a movie with someone do you converse with them during the movie (possibly in a low whisper, or even a dull roar)
No.

Who do you normally go to the movies with? (friends, significant other, shadow)
Steph and /or the girls.

After seeing a movie is there anything you often do?
Bookstore!! [grin]

Do you like to talk about a movie you watched after seeing it?
Yep.

How often do you go to see movies?
Extremely rarely. It's expensive, and most movies are crap. Having the movies come to us is so much better.

What type of movies do you prefer to see?
Free ones, generally. The next time we go to the movies will most likely be in November when we see the prescreening of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

What type of movies do you avoid like the plague?
Teen movies. Most "comedy" movies. Most action movies.
I'm not sure what that leaves, but if you figure it out, that's my niche.

What is the last movie went to see?
Batman Begins, as stated above.

What is the next movie that you know is coming out that you will be going to see?
Repeating myself here, but Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Do the same principles apply for renting movies?
Nope. Netflix = seeing stuff we'd never go to see. Or stuff that we'd maybe go see if we had money and free time. Like Van Helsing. Or War of the Worlds. Or, well, pretty much anything. Netflix is one of the best inventions ever.

One and One is five. (explain)
That's not a question. But... UM... You know, I dont think I can. Although, you know. One (P@) and One (Steph) did equal five in the case of Spish. So there ya go.

No comments: