Friday, May 25, 2018

oh, oh, oh, it's magic

So, I went to Firehouse subs to pick up dinner tonight. I ordered 3 subs, two drinks, and two cookies.
After I paid, the clerk handed me the cups and I went to fill them up, then sat down at a nearby table and waited while the subs were being prepared.
I realized then that the cookies I ordered were sitting on the counter in front of the clerk, and I was supposed to grab them myself.
So, I approached the counter and took a chocolate chip and an oatmeal raisin cookie that were in the pile of saran-wrapped cookies. I then sat back down, and waited.

Food gets done, and the employee that made my food handed me my bag of sandwiches. I thanked him, and left.

I get home, and we start going through our sandwiches - they were all in cardboard containers - each with a numbered sticker on them; 1, 2, 3. (I'm guessing that it matched the receipt, but I didn't keep it, and can't confirm that.)

After we finished the sandwiches, we went to eat the cookies. And that's when I saw that the chocolate chip cookie had a sticker with the #4 on it, and the oatmeal raisin had a sticker with the #5 on it.

HOW DID THEY DO THAT???

Nobody touched the cookies but me. And, yes, i'm sure the stickers were on there all along, but... why would they have stickers on the cookies out on display, and how coincidental is it that I would grab the ones that corresponded with the amount of items I was purchasing??

I feel almost like I'm on the Carbonaro Effect, except that it's not *that* crazy a trick, and also, it wasn't discovered until I was at home, and there were no cameras here to film me when the surprise happened. (That I know of)
But, still.

No comments: