Thursday, April 26, 2018

lost time and whatever else

i can not believe that it is twenty-eighteen. And already (almost) the 5th month. So often I hear people talk about stuff from 2011 or 2006 or 2017 and I'm like, ...oh, yeah. Those are all in the past. It REALLY doesn't feel like it a lot of the time. Is that a symptom of getting older? Where it still feels like fifteen years ago, date wise? Or is it just a me thing? Or both. Probably both. 

I've got a sleeping (though awake now, because children are loud and noisy) dog next to me, that's a pretty great thing.

Every Friday my work does a segment during the noon news called "Forever Home Friday" where the Animal Foundation brings in a dog (and every once in a while a cat) to be adopted. Supposedly EVERY single animal they've ever showcased has ended up getting bought. And they've been doing this segment for decades. Which is pretty darn cool, actually. I'm all for things that increase the amount of joy in the world. Lord knows there's plenty of garbage out there, and things that are working against people's happiness. 

Speaking of increasing joy... we're going to go grab some food for dinner, and possibly get a new board game. 

No comments: